Covid-19 Safety Measures for Aikido Training – Updated Nov 23, 2020
The city of Toronto entered lockdown (Grey zone) on Monday, November 23 to slow the city’s surging Covid-19 cases. Following the rules, all indoor classes are temporarily cancelled until further notice.
We offer online classes and weapons classes in the park without physical contact during the lockdown.
Safety guideline for Outdoor Weapons Classes in the park
- A maximum of 10 students in a group
- Stay home if feeling unwell
- Wear a face mask or covering at all times
- No physical contact and keep 2 meter/6 feet physical distance
- Each individual train in a designated area
- No kiai shouting
- No sharing of weapons and other equipment
- If anyone feels sick or trouble breathing during practice, report to the instructor immediately
Please take the self-screening questions before coming to the park.
< COVID-19 Self Screening Questions* >
If you answer NO to all the following questions, you may attend the class today.
- Have you had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 without wearing appropriate PPE?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Do you have any of the following new or worsening symptoms or signs?
(If you have an existing health condition that gives you the symptoms you should not answer YES unless the symptom is new, different or getting worse. Look for changes from your normal symptoms.)
(1) Fever or Chills
(3) Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
(4) Sore throat, trouble swallowing
(5) Runny/stuffy nose
(6) Decrease or loss of taste or smell
(7) Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
(8) Not feeling well, extreme tiredness, sore muscles
*These questions are used to screen for COVID-19 before entry into a workplace or participating other activities as per Ontario Regulation 364/20.