Beginning Aikido: Adult Introductory Workshop – Sept 21, 2013
Date: Saturday, September 21, 2013 -2:00pm – 5:00pm
Beginning Aikido is a FREE workshop offered on Saturday, September 21, 2013 from 2:00 – 5:00 pm. This FREE workshop will be taught jointly by senior students of Aikido Shugyo Dojo. It is for new members (in their first six months) at Aikido Shugyo Dojo, and others who have no experience in Aikido, but are interested in trying.
This workshop offers a comfortable atmosphere in which to try new things and to ask questions. Please bring a t-shirt and loose-fitting pants. For more information, please contact Fran Turner.
Elements in the workshop, Beginning Aikido, include:
- Ukemi—fear of falling, balance, power
- Timing—dynamic vs. static practice, waiting
- Contact—controls, locks, pins, contact exercises
- Centred Movement—weapons demonstration, selected techniques
- Breathing—ki and relaxation
- Demonstrations of weapons practice, dealing with multiple attackers and technique reversals